Portugal list

6 years 3 months ago #582 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi

I finally found the original pdf file, the list is of course from 2005 so some species are missing, but a update is expected in 2011.

File Attachment:

File Name: LISTA_Aves...o5_2.pdf
File Size:225 KB

Attachments:
More
6 years 2 months ago #591 by Andy Musgrove

Thanks Pedro - I've added this link and this information to the "Checklists" section of the website - let us know when the 2011 update becomes available.

Best wishes for 2011

Andy

More
5 years 11 months ago #642 by Pedro Ramalho

Andy Musgrove wrote:

Thanks Pedro - I've added this link and this information to the "Checklists" section of the website - let us know when the 2011 update becomes available.

Hi Andy
The CPR (Portuguese rarity committee) report for the 2008-2009 years was published recently.

www.spea.pt/fotos/editor2/spea_anuario_o...atorio_cpr_p3_71.pdf

Intro in English

There were some minor changes to the Portuguese list, basically some of the pending species were officially accepted, some new species that were found in 2009 entered the list, and two former rarities were “promoted” to common birds, also in my personal opinion some of the pending species can be removed of the Bubo list because there are no accepted records and there are no pending records for the species.

So, the species that are no longer rarities are:
Pin-tailed Sandgrouse (Pterocles alchata) and White-rumped Swift (Apus caffer)

New species for the Portuguese list:
Falcão-sacre, Saker Falcon (Falco cherrug)
Maçarico-d'asa-branca, Willet (Catoptrophorus semipalmatus)
Chasco-do-deserto, Desert Wheatear (Oenanthe deserti)

The pending species that were fully accepted are:

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula)
Wood Warbler (Phylloscopus sibilatrix)
Moussieri redstart (Phoenicurus moussieri)
Wilson snipe (Gallinago delicata)
Little crake (Porzana parva)

The following species are in the Portuguese list but pending a review of the existing records (in most cases some very old records, single observer, no photos etc..) but none of this records are currently accepted by the CPR and there are no “file” in the CPR regarding this species,

(Current table for pending species and records under appraisal can be found here:
www.spea.pt/fotos/editor2/tabeladeregistosnaopubl2.pdf )

Other species that have only old records and have a pending status have a process in the CPR ( Citril finch Serinus citronella for example) or there are historically evidence that they occurred in Portugal despite the fact that for now there is a apparently lack of interest to reach a conclusion over this records (Spotted Nutcracker Nucifraga caryocatactes for instance have 4 records in the XX century, including 2 shot birds and a trapped and ringed individual), for this species I defend their continued inclusion on the Bubo list as Pending species, however for the following species the situation is different, and their full inclusion in the Portuguese list don’t seems probable in the near future, therefore I suggested that they are removed from the Bubo listing, if in the future the CPR decides to look at the situation and included this species in the official list so much the better. , but for now I feel that is simpler to remove them.

Thrush Nightingale (Luscinia luscinia)
Great Grey Shrike (Lanius excubitor)
Black Woodpecker (Dryocopus martius)
Middle Spotted Woodpecker (Dendrocopos medius)

When I was checking the Bubo list, I also spotted one mistake, it’s not Whooper swan that is pending but Bewick swan Cygnus columbianus (so it’s the reverse from the list in Bubo).

More
5 years 9 months ago #662 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi

Since updates in the various national lists are in the order of the day, please don’t forget the updates of the Portuguese list. ;)

More
5 years 9 months ago #663 by Mike Prince

Hi Pedro

Your patience has been rewarded ;) I have pushed your updates to the top of the priority list! I've made the updates you summarised: thanks very much for the effort in analysing the changes for us.

(We're trying to make the job of applying updates a bit easier by making some behind the scenes changes - do let me know if you see any oddities in the updates I've made for Portugal!)

More
5 years 9 months ago #665 by Pedro Ramalho

Thanks Mike, i really appreciate the effort.

More
5 years 4 months ago #733 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi Mike

I know that you guys have a lot of work to keep the list up to date but when you have time can you add the following species to the Portuguese list?

Acepted Pilrito-de-bico-fino Baird's sandpiper Calidris bairdii

Pending Mariquita-de-mascarilha Common yellowthroat Geothlypis trichas
Pending Felosa-artica Artic warbler Phylloscopus borealis
Pending Garajau elegante Elegant Tern Sterna elegans
Pending Pilrito-de-perna-longa Stilt Sandpiper Calidris himantopus
Pending Tartaranhão palido Pallid Harrier Circus macrourus

More
5 years 4 months ago #735 by Andy Musgrove

Hi Pedro - please don't fall off your chair with surprise, but I have sorted this straight away for once! Tick away.

Thanks for your help!

Andy

More
5 years 4 months ago #737 by Pedro Ramalho

Andy Musgrove wrote:

Hi Pedro - please don't fall off your chair with surprise, but I have sorted this straight away for once! Tick away.

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Andy

Unfortunately just one more for me.... :(

More
2 years 4 months ago #1201 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi guys,

A new species for Portugal (continental) Mergulhão-caçador/Podilymbus podiceps/Pied-billed Grebe appeared last week, so when there is some time can this species be added to the Spea Portuguese (continental) list?

Also, I’ve noted that for the British Ornithologists' Union (BOU) British List the B category species appear on the list but not on the check list, they are not targets, can the same thing be done to the Portuguese list?

If so the B categories species to be “removed” are:

B* Western Capercaillie/Tetrao urogallus/Tetraz-real
B* Grey Partridge/Perdix perdix/Charrela
B* White-tailed Eagle/Haliaeetus albicilla/Pigargo
B* Small Buttonquail/Turnix sylvaticus/Toirão
B* Slender-billed Curlew/Numenius tenuirostris/Maçarico-de-bico-fino
B* Marsh Owl/Asio capensis/Coruja-moura
B* Dupont's Lark/Chersophilus duponti/Calhandra de Dupont

More
2 years 4 months ago #1202 by Mike Prince

Hi Pedro

These are all now done.

More
2 years 4 months ago #1203 by Pedro Ramalho

Thanks Mike!

More
2 years 4 months ago #1204 by Pedro Ramalho

Sorry to ask for another addition so soon Mike, but a very unexpected Ivory-gull just turn up in Nazaré!!

So, can you please add Ivory gull/Pagophila eburnean/gaivota-marfim!!

More
2 years 4 months ago #1205 by Mike Prince

Hmmm, not bad! Now added.

More
1 year 8 months ago #1268 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi,

When possible please add Steppe eagle to the Portuguese (Spea) list, a 2cy was found this weak near Lisbon.

Aquila nepalensis-Águia-das-estepes-Steppe eagle

More
1 year 8 months ago #1269 by Mike Prince

Thanks Pedro, Steppe Eagle now added.

More
1 year 5 months ago #1286 by Pedro Ramalho

Hi,

When possible please add to the Portuguese (Spea) list:

Iduna caligata/Felosa-calçada-do-norte/Booted Warbler

Pterodroma fea/Freira-do-bugio/Fea's Petrel

More
1 year 5 months ago #1287 by Mike Prince

Pedro Ramalho wrote:

Hi,

When possible please add to the Portuguese (Spea) list:

Iduna caligata/Felosa-calçada-do-norte/Booted Warbler

Pterodroma fea/Freira-do-bugio/Fea's Petrel
Hi Pedro

Done these, hope you saw them :)

More
1 year 5 months ago #1288 by Pedro Ramalho

Mike Prince wrote:
Done these, hope you saw them :)[/quote]

The Booted warbler was found at late afternoon in the south end of Portugal, so just the birders already in the area were able to see the bird, in the next morning it was gone. Maybe next time. :) :)

More
1 year 5 months ago #1291 by Pedro Ramalho

Sorry to asking again so soon but its being a really good October, and two more additions to the list were the result, so when possible please add to the Portuguese (Spea) list:

Felosa de hume/Phylloscopus humei /Hume's warbler

Chasco isabel/Oenanthe isabellina/Isabelline wheatear

More