BUBO Listing News
Apologies if you tried to access BUBO Listing in the last couple of days and found the site to be unavailable. This was due to a server overload, although we're not entirely sure what caused this. It's happened a few times over the past couple of months although we've normally caught it sooner than we did yesterday.
The people behind the IOC World List have published their latest updates. These have now been incorporated into BUBO Listing. The main changes were the addition of Urrao Antpitta, and the splitting of Horned & Sira Curassows; Hen & Northern Harriers; Common & Cape Verde Buzzards; Banggai, Oberholser's & Sula Fruit Doves; Philippine, Everett's & Negros Scops Owls; Northern & Mexican Barred Owls; Pacific, Salim Ali's, Blyth's and Cook's Swift; Dull-mantled & Magdalena Antbirds; Hair-crested & Tablas Drongos; Grand Comoro & Moheli Bulbuls; Nightingale Reed, Saipan Reed & Pagan Reed Warblers; Streaky-breasted & Bornean Spiderhunters.
Most world listers will find they can increase their list by applying these taxonomic updates! As usual you will be notified if any updates impact you.
The recent round of updates for the Clements checklist, as published by Cornell, have now been incorporated in BUBO Listing. There were plenty of taxonomic updates, including 12 new species and no fewer than 74 different splits. Also major changes to family composition and sequencing.
Most world listers will find they can increase their list by applying these taxonomic updates! As usual you will be notified if any updates impact you, and you can view the updated Clements checklist in full.
UPDATE - we'd forgotten to split Water Rail and Brown-cheeked Rail, so you may get prompted again for another taxonomic check.
- Tsingy Wood Rail Canirallus beankaensis
- Black-banded Fruit Dove Ptilinopus alligator
- Blue-moustached Bee-eater Merops mentalis
- Whitely's Toucanet Aulacorhynchus whitelianus
- Bronze-winged Woodpecker Colaptes aeruginosus
- Xingu Scale-backed Antbird Willisornis vidua
- Northern Fiscal Lanius humeralis
- Mexican Jay Aphelocoma wollweberi
- Montane Tiny Greenbul Phyllastrephus albigula
- Sakhalin Grasshopper Warbler Locustella amnicola
- Sao Tome White-eye Zosterops feae
- Philippine Magpie-Robin Copsychus mindanensis
- Orange-tufted Spiderhunter Arachnothera flammifera
- Pale Spiderhunter Arachnothera dilutior
- Masked Cardinal Paroaria nigrogenis
As always, BUBO Listing will alert you to any updates you need to make because of this. For details about how to do these, see how taxonomic updates are handled in BUBO Listing.
World listers will be pleased to hear that we have implemented all the recent updates to the Clements Checklist. There were many taxonomic changes, including several splits (especially amongst Asian babblers for example), a few lumps and many changes to the sequence of various passerine families.
As always, BUBO Listing will highlight any updates you need to make because of this. For details about how to do these, see how taxonomic updates are handled in BUBO Listing.