normal Turkish Bird Checkist on BUBO Listing

3 years 5 months ago #1276 by Mike Prince
Swamphens now done
More
2 years 6 months ago #1321 by Kuzey Cem Kulaçoğlu
Some further updates;

Black-winged Kite is now an established breeder in a small area in SE Turkey, so the "boldness" of the species should probably be removed.
Change the Turkish name of Western Swamphen to "Sazhorozu" and the Turkish name of Grey-headed Swamphen to "Gri Başlı Sazhorozu".
Add "Western Olivaceous Warbler - Batı Ak Mukallidi" to the list in bold (apparently several ringing records).
Add "Plain Leaf Warbler - Küçük Çıvgın" to the list in bold (paper published in Dutch Birding).

Cheers.
More
2 years 6 months ago #1322 by Mike Prince
Thanks Kuzey, all done.
More
1 year 5 months ago #1391 by Kuzey Cem Kulaçoğlu
Hi, a slight problem I'd like to address:
Ever since the split of Cyprus/Eurasian Scops Owls the Eurasian Scops Owl cannot be added or viewed in any list of Turkey. I can't add Eurasian Scops Owl to my life list because it doesn't show up in the main list at all. In fact none of the current Turkish lists have ESO.
Is there anything that can be done?

Thanks, Kuzey
More
1 year 5 months ago #1392 by Andy Musgrove
Hi Kuzey - I think this is fixed now?
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1510 by Kuzey Cem Kulaçoğlu
Hey everyone, just a few updates for the list, would really appreciate if you could incorporate them:
-Add Red-flanked Bluetail / Tarsiger cyanurus / Mavi Kuyruklu Bülbül to the list, as an old record from 2001 came to light.
-Add Grey-headed Lapwing / Vanellus cinereus / Gri Başlı Kızkuşu to the list, 1st record for Turkey and WP in March 2018.
-Add Oriental Skylark / Alauda gulgula / Küçük Tarlakuşu to the list, one seen March 2018.
-Add Basra Reed Warbler / Acrocephalus griseldis / Basra Kamışçını to the list, one trapped and ringed May 2018.

I've seen some lists having an "provisional" option of sorts. The following species are suitable for that option as they aren't really formally accepted (yet): Western Swamphen, Barbary Falcon, Plain Leaf Warbler, Greenish Warbler, Western Olivaceous Warbler, Hume's Whitethroat.

Also a minor bug, "Middle Spotted Woodpecker" can't be viewed nor added to any list about Turkey, nor can it be seen in the major Turkey checklist.

Thanks in advance! :)
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1511 by Mike Prince
Hi Kuzey

Thanks very much for these: all now added.
More